New Woodcote Park
- HER number: MEL8735
- HER number: MEL6868
- Site Name: New Woodcote Park
- Grid Reference: 345866 660347
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Country House (20th Century, Modern)
- Summary: Country house, 1977
- Description: (1) New Woodcote Park was built by Morris and Steedman in 1977. "James and Eleanor Morris’s house at Woodcote Park, Fala (1977), is on a much larger scale. A Victorian house was demolished with a baronial tower kept as a garden feature. Here a large ‘Miesian’ or ‘Johnsonian’ glass box is placed in the existing designed landscape. The ground floor contains bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, laundry and playroom whilst the upper floor, reached by a dramatic spiral stair, is a free-flowing suite of drawing room, library, billiard room and gallery, designed to enjoy the views of the Lammermuir hills. One third of the building is a double-height conservatory with swimming pool."
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Monuments:
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- (1) Article in serial: 2010. Morris and Steedman - Clarity of Intent: Early Homes 1952-70. p. 5.