Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
- HER number: MEL7953
- Site Name: Castlesteads
- Grid Reference: 333761 669586
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Cropmarks of rig and furrow
- Description: NT36NW 545 3391 6945
(1) An extensive area of rig was recorded in a level field as cropmarks on oblique aerial photographs (RCAHMSAP). The rig is aligned NNW and SSE in the N part of the field while more narrowly spaced rig is visible to the S, running ENE and WSW.
Information from RCAHMS (MMB) 3 February 2005
Site identified during an archaeological assessement carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd.
Mhairi Hastie, 2006.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- (1) Aerial Photograph: RCAHMS. Various.