- HER number: MEL8021
- Site Name: Patieshill
- Grid Reference: 316400 656599
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Army Camp (Iron Age, Late Prehistoric, Late Iron Age, Prehistoric, Roman)
- Corn Drying Kiln
- Description: NT15NE 9 164 566.
Remains of a corn-drying kiln were to be seen a little way below the farmhouse of Patieshill in 1801. It was considered by antiquaries of the period to have been on the site of a Roman camp or redoubt.
J J Wilson 1891
Enquiries at Patieshill and a perambulation of the immediate area failed to find any trace or knowledge of a Roman camp or a corn-drying kiln.
Visited by OS (WDJ) 12 February 1970
NMRS REPORT DATE: 03/04/2000
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- Bibliographic reference: Wilson, J J. 1891. The annals of Penicuik: being a history of the parish and of the village. 23.