Englands Hill / Battle Of Roslin
- HER number: MEL8077
- Site Name: Englands Hill / Battle Of Roslin
- Grid Reference: 329900 667399
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Summary: Supposed site of the third Battle of Roslin, 24th February 1302
- Description: NT26NE 31 299 674.
On the N side of Englands Hill is the supposed site of the third Battle of Roslin, fought between the English and Scots on the 24th February 1302. (NB After much research and enquiry no satisfactory information could be obtained concerning a site of battle at this place. Therefore any information concerning it cannot be shown on plan.)
Name Book 1853
No doubt the tradition of a battle here across from the discovery of long cists at NT 299 674 (see NT26NE 28).
(Undate) information in NMRS.
NMRS REPORT DATE: 22/03/2000
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Associated Periods:
- Bibliographic reference: Name Book (County). Original Name Books of the Ordnance Survey. Book No.32, 44.