Please note: due to the recent Covid-19 outbreak the Centre is currently closed, but our website is still open for business.
- HER number: MEL8183
- Site Name: Castlelaw
- Grid Reference: 322899 663599
- Civil Parish:
- Summary: Stray find, stone object
- Description: NT26SW 3 c. 229 636
An oval perforated disc of greenstone (RMS, AO 94), measuring 76mm by 51mm, was found on Castlelaw Farm.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1900; E D Dennison 1917; RCAHMS 1988
NMRS REPORT DATE: 28/07/2003
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Places:
- Bibliographic reference: RCAHMS. 1988. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. The archaeological sites and monuments of Midlothian (prehistoric to early historic), Midlothian District, Lothian Region. 35, No.211.
- Bibliographic reference: PSAS. 1900. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 34 1899-1900, p.15-41,135-38,220-24,256-59,304-6,430-6. 436.
- Bibliographic reference: Dennison, E D. 1917. 'List of prehistoric relics found in Midlothian, as excerpted from the cat. of the Museum of Antiqs., Edin., being an appendix to the Chalmers -Jervise prize essay for 1916; to which have been added a list of ????>???????>???>???????>???>???>???????