Medical Centre, Penicuik Road, Roslin
- HER number: MEL8748
- Site Name: Medical Centre, Penicuik Road, Roslin
- Grid Reference: 326449 663277
- Civil Parish:
- Monument Type:
- Summary: Traces of ridge and furrow.
- Description: (1) In November 2004, an archaeological evaluation and metal detecting survey were carried out by CFA Archaeology Ltd in advance of development. Evaluation trenching revealed furrows approximately 5m apart in plan, suggesting that they may be furrows associated with broad rig. This would give a date between the 13th and the 18th century.
- For more information contact: MidLothian Council HER
- Related Interventions:
- Related Places:
- Bibliographic reference: White, R. 2005e. 'Medical Centre, Penicuik Road, Roslin, Midlothian (Lasswade parish), evaluation', Discovery Excav Scot, vol.6, 2005, p.92. 92.
- (1) Unpublished document: White, R. 2005. Medical Centre, Penicuik Road, Roslin, Midlothian: Archaeological Evaluation Data Structure Report.