Schools Programme 2017-2018
Let us inspire your learning! We have a range of resources on offer for schools, colleges and community groups. These include workshops in our museum and loan boxes on different topics. You can download our previous Schools Programme brochure here. Details of workshops and cost are still the same.
You will find a growing number of learning resources here in the Learn section of the John Gray Centre website, and even more on the museum service area of Edubuzz: www.edubuzz.org/museums.
We offer a variety of sessions at the JGC for school groups of up to 33 per class, age range P1–7 or P5–7.
You can find the worksheets and teacher notes used for these workshops here.
The following workshops cost £50 and last 2 hours:
- Mary, Queen of Scots (SOC1–03a, SOC1–04a, SOC1–06a, SOC2–03a, SOC2–06a)
- World War I in East Lothian (SOC1–03a, SOC1–04a, SOC1–06a)
- Impressionist Adventure: From farming to fashion (EXA0–05a, EXA1–05a, EXA2–05a)
- The Jacobites (SOC1–06a, SOC2–03a, SOC2–06a)
It is possible for the above workshops to take place in your school and the cost is £75.
Free workshops are available from the Archive, Local History Service and loan boxes from the Museum team.
Archive sessions: (please contact us to book these in advance and find out our availability dates)
- Super Spies: World War II letters, photos, coded messages and more (SOC2–01a, for P5–7)
- Evacuees and Propaganda: Wartime life in the 1940s (SOC2–01a, for P5–7)
- Jigsaws and Maps: examine our maps and photos, and beat our jigsaw challenge (for P1–7)
- Loan boxes, including: World War One; World War Two; The Victorians; John Muir; Romans; Saxons & Vikings; Slave Trade; Toys … and many more
For a printed programme and to book email [email protected] or call 01620 820 695.